I also got to go to Toronto for another wedding. We hung out at the CN tower the day after the wedding, its been a long time since I've been up there and now I don't feel tempted to go up for a long time. Neat views though, it would be fantastic to live on Toronto island.
On my flight to Ontario I set my alarm for the wrong time, I woke up at 5:15 am and my flight was leaving at 6 am. Holy crap. I made it from bed to the airport in under 20 minutes and just managed to catch the flight. My luggage, however, did not. But at least this time it showed up at home two days later unlike the last time when it was scheduled to show up after I had flown back to Vancouver.
The flight back had the fancy air canada entertainment system so I watched two movies. Jumper - with a neat premise but the guy was such a twit I had no connection and kept waiting for the movie to build but suddenly it was over. The other movie was Cloverfield, it also had an interesting idea but featured these vapid 20-somethings who just could not make good decisions. I mean, come on, the lights are flickering out, you're in an electronic store why the hell don't you pick up a flashlight! And if something was hunting me in the dark I'd keep my hands on the rebar that was so successful fighting them off the last time. As Erwin likes to plan for a world of zombies, I like to think about surviving post apocalypse (i.e. the book Last Canadian). So perhaps my reading has better prepared me... So my recommendation- skip Jumper and Cloverfield was worth the rental.
No comments:
Post a Comment