Yup, pretty late with this post. At the end of July I went home to Canada. Yes, it is now my only home, Switzerland not reaching that state of home just yet. I wonder how long it took for Vancouver to be home.
Anyway, my parents have a bee hive on the roof of their house. Here's my dad working with the bees (bare hands). I'm inside behind the screen on the window. An excellent viewpoint for watching bees.
My dad has purchased a new kayak and I took it out on the avon river.
It's still a pretty stinky river. I kayaked to the dam and back again.
Also on the long weekend was family camping at my uncles farm. It rained the first day so we strung up a huge canvas tent and everyone worked on puzzles and board games. In this picture, I spent the afternoon with my aunts and female cousins drinking and learning all kinds of things that alcohol reveals. Good family fun.
I also got to visit my little boy, poor little man has been sitting around with the battery out after my aunt jump started her Cadillac with it... :-0 Anyway, my dad put the battery in and I took it for a ride around at the farm just to see how it ran. An important note, the shots happened *after* the motorcycle ride. I'm not stupid to risk my precious little boy! Or my brain for that matter. As Emily points out, I've spent a lot of money on it at this point.
Another toy to ride on at the farm is the dirt bike. This thing has been running for ever and it's running a lot better after my dad took it to the shop.
Also at the farm was the fantastic weather. The wheat has come off really early this year. Here's my dad looking at the farm bees.
Can you spot the queen? I don't know if she's there, but it was the most likely place and I wasn't going to stick around that close to check for sure!
Also while visiting I went out with friends to an organic farm in the north of Perth county. We had tasty ice cream and wandered around a field maze. In the maze they had paint pots for you to colour your fingers as you discovered them in the maze. That would give you 5! combinations and they gave you a personality quality based on the order (as scientific as any cosmo quiz). Interestingly myself and another friend got the same pattern even though we weren't doing the giant maze together and she coloured her fingers opposite to me (starting with the thumb). What are the odds of that happening! ^_^

No comments:
Post a Comment