Thursday, June 09, 2011

Welcome to Davos

Yes, I've moved! Started a new job at the SIAF institute in Davos. After not understanding everything in French, now I get to not understand it in German!



Davos is a town of around 13,000 people situated in a valley at 1,500m. It's cool in the summer, cold in the winter (I'll have to buy a pair of winter boots! haven't had to do that since Ontario) and the ski lifts are walkable from both work and home.


 The work looks great so far, the town is cute (and very very small) and it's a good thing the place I'm moving to has in floor heating.

I haven't been posting recently as I focus on the new job and the big move but soon things should settle down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, congrats - hope all works out well; I am now retired and loving it. I guess this means you are now in Germany? Elizabeth H

Carly said...

Congrats on retirement!

I'm in Davos Switzerland, at the very Eastern part, close to Austria.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly,
Very nice that you got a new job. What department will it be molecular allergology.
Maybe in your next post you can tell us what you will be doing.

Take care,
Fokke and Tineke.

PS ; You can also do nice
speedskating in Davos.