Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Hiking to Joriseen

The last weekend I went for a hike around Davos, from the post-bus stop Wagerhus in the Fluelapass and hiked to the Joriseen lake.


The pass itself has lots of traffic and many motorcycles and the sounds echo from all the mountains. However, after about two hours you crest the first rise and the noise disappears.
On the way up I came across this built into the rock. It was very hidden and probably military. Apparently in this canton in Switzerland the landscape is riddled with military installations.


I continued up and eventually got  a view of the lakes. In Switzerland I don't mind hiking alone because there are so many people that you can stop and talk to.


I wasn't sure if I could make my bus back, but I decided to try and hike down to the lakes. The weather cleared and the day became very beautiful.


Around the lakes there were many different valley's leading away that you could follow, but I made a big loop through the Winterlucke pass and back to my post bus. There was still snow in the pass and it was all very wild. In fact, in this entire region I couldn't get cell phone reception or see a farm or village. There was still cow poop  though, it is the Swiss Alps!

Back in my apartment I can sit on my terrace and watch the parachuters land right in front of me.

No comments: