Then it was on to Toronto to visit friends and Toronto island. We walked through the markets and the trendy Distillery district where kitchen gadgets were even more expensive than in Switzerland.
And then it was back to the homelands for a family reunion. We had our camperama at the farm and I did a lot of sitting around and reading my old children's books (I still love Gordon Korman and Bunnicula).
I took my little cousin out on the pond to fish for pieces of wood.
The weather was really really hot (after freezing in Vancouver). Everyone was in the pool throughout the day. At least we missed it when it was 38 in Toronto. Davos got really bad weather, they told me it even snowed on the mountains above (but not in the town).
I also worked on driving standard, I took the old truck out for a drive in the driveway to practice getting into gear. After the motorcycle it wasn't too difficult. I think my problems will come when I'm on a steep hill and someone is right behind me and I am stressed. Otherwise, the countryside was really beautiful and I'm experimenting more with taking pictures. They were in the middle of taking off the wheat. Also, I was at the elevator where they returned the crops and they had a GMO test, it was like a pregnancy test with the strip.
No comments:
Post a Comment