Saturday, November 05, 2011

Random pictures

First, more information about this man wearing the skirt of leaves. Apparently he is the wild man of the mountain, he is associated with mountain areas so it was unusual to see him in Luzern. He is ambiguous, dangerous or protective. He is shown holding a tree and it is important that the tree still have its roots.


This picture was from the city museum in Bern which I visited a few weeks ago. Also at the museum was this baby stuffed bear.


On Friday night I went to see the 3rd period of the Davos hockey team. I've been hearing about this since I arrived in Davos. Apparently the Spengler cup at Christmas time in a huge draw and a reason why the city has over 50,000 people during the Christmas season (for a town of 12,000). Anyway, I was patted down before I could enter the arena which was an odd experience, usually the places I go to (such as the Bern museum) don't have that much potential for violence.

Anyway, there was lots of shouting and drum banging and flag waving. I was told here were two songs I had to learn. Ho-ehh-ohhh- some word that starts with H in German. Or the reverse, German H word -Ho-Ehh-ohhh.


No comments: