I just recently attended a conference in Geneva. Hotels in that town are so crazy expensive so we decided to try renting an apartment in France. Good idea in theory and in the end still economical, but what a pain. There are very infrequent buses and they don't go very late. The conference was good though and it was nice to be back and attending international conferences.
After Geneva I went on to Paris since I was already on that side of the country. First it was a trip to Chatres to see the fantastic cathedral and also a very very old wooden building in town.
The Cathedral was lovely but under construction so you couldn't see the carvings around the sides and back of the ... old alter and choir area. Then it was on to Paris for the rest of the weekend.
The hotel that we stayed in was in a decent enough area (around Republic) and cheap (60 Euro) but pretty rough! There was one plug in the room, which was a very narrow and at the end had the bathroom without a door. However, a room is a room and we spend a lot of time touring the city and not very much time sitting in the room. On our way to the hotel I saw this great sign over a movie theatre.
Then we went to Disney!! I was last there in 2009 and had a good time but only visited half of the park (well, the bigger half). I didn't miss much, the movie side didn't have a lot to show but it did have a scary tower ride.
The rides seemed to be more busy this year but there was a lot to see. The Disney park had a supply problem though, in their stores they had very repetitive things and the supply problem was mentioned when we asked (I was looking for a Pascal). I would never had expected that Disney would have a supply problem on that scale.
While waiting for the rides I played with camera filters.
After running around about 20km during Disney (13 hours in total since we stayed to see the interesting light spectacle at the end) the next day was another 20km of walking.
When crossing the Seine we saw two officers in the water and a boat searching for something.
And the Musee d'Orsay was no longer under construction (although I couldn't see some of my more favorite paintings that I remembered from last time).
And finally, on the third (and last day) we visited Centre Pompidou which I have only seen the outside of.
And then it was 7 hours of train back to Davos. It's nice to be back and I'm looking forward to some relaxing. However, it is cold and raining (it was also quite cold in Paris). Here's hoping the weather will turn for the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment