I just came back from my visit to Canada to see family and friends. The weather in Davos has been cool, the weather in Ontario was over 30 most days! After Vancouver and now Switzerland I am no longer used to that heat! We didn't have the air conditioning running, but did spend some time in air conditioned malls.
On the 13th of July, Friday the 13th, I went with my dad on his bike to a small port town called Port Dover. Every Friday 13th, motorcycle riders from all over converge on the small town and this time there was over 150,000 people and tens of thousands of bikes. They were parked all through town (no cars allowed in), up streets, in the middle of streets, side streets, everywhere.
Lines were huge, crowds were huge, and it was really hot. In the middle of the street I changed out of my blue jeans into a skirt but it only helped a bit.
In Canada I attended my cousins wedding and got to see lots of family. One evening my uncle hosted a BBQ and we got together again.
My uncle has an open fire method now for cooking beans.
While in Canada I made a brief trip to Toronto to visit my friend and her new baby. We had a great lunch on top of a hotel by the lake.
In the evening we went to see a horse show currently playing in Toronto (and being advertised everywhere!). It was a combination of horses, musicians and acrobats and was similar to Cirque de Soleil and even more extravagant.
Also while I was home was my fathers birthday and we bought him a great cake...
Also while I was in Stratford I visited the farm and saw there were tent caterpillars in the oak trees! While I was looking at the nests I saw a wasp come. She cut herself into the tent, wiggled her way to a spot above some caterpillars and then proceeded to stab them with her stinger. She would move on to another group and did this about 10 times. As far as I can tell she was laying her eggs in the caterpillars because after a while she wiggled out of the tent and flew off. However, there won't be any babies because soon after we walked along and burned away all the nests.
Now I am back in Davos and when it is not beautiful, sunny and merely warm, it is raining and cold! Hopefully before the end of the summer I will have some tomatoes to show! There are tomatoes and Stratford, in Lausanne, but not yet in Davos (well, just some green ones).
No comments:
Post a Comment