On Saturday I did a day trip to St Moritz, this is a very famous mountain town about 1.5 hours away from Davos known for it's expensive clientele and fancy skiing. They also have a winter horse race on the ice of the lake which was canceled this winter because the ice was too thin.
Anyway, I wandered around town, looking at the very expensive shops and enjoying the sunshine. I also managed to buy a turkey baster, which was interesting since I don't know the German word for it. This is not the first time I have made sounds in addition to my charades in shops. I have made noises like a horse, a cat and now the slurping of a turkey baster.
I also sat with a little girl who told me all the languages she spoke (learning them in school). She had a doll named Lucy and she said Lucy only spoke German.
No comments:
Post a Comment