On the past weekend we had fantastic weather, which was a good thing because I organized an off-piste ski training weekend for some friends from work.
We were also really lucky to just have fresh snowfall but without much risk of avalanches.
We dug in the snow to get a look at the profile which wasn't very interesting since there weren't many layers. The snowpack is very stable right now.
And on the first night a few of us had cheese fondue. I must admit I was falling asleep at the table and we still had another day to go. Recently I had this really funny cold and was talking in this ridiculous falsetto voice for several days. It was a hit at work and people were talking like me when they came to ask me questions.
As I said, the weather was great and the snow was really nice.
The next day I spent half the day with the group working with digging and transceivers. However, I didn't go up to Pischa horn with everyone. I had done this trip before and really wasn't feeling well.
Instead I sat around in the BBQ chairs (wooden boxes facing the sun with a nice seat) and enjoyed the sunshine (which came after I took this picture). Then I went to the restaurant and dozed and talked in Swenglish (Swiss German and English) with one of the rescue dog guys. We weren't the only ones having training at Pischa this weekend, the avalanche dogs were also there. When there is an accident you can Rega and they organize a helicopter. The avalanche dog volunteers get a text and must get to the helicopter and then they fly to the accident.




No comments:
Post a Comment