On the holiday weekend I traveled to Italy with the Ceilidh band for a long weekend retreat and concert. The weather started out rather crappy and I made a huge round trip of Switzerland on the train to bypass the alps (Klosters to Zurich to Bern to Visp and through the mountains). At the end of the ride we crossed the lake on the ferry.
And took a super winding road up the mountain. It was very very steep and the roads were almost on top of each other. The road was only really wide enough for a single car in many places. At the end of the trip we were in San Antonio and stayed at a bed and breakfast. Behind the house there was an old church which is where we practiced.
Also at the this B&B there were tons of cats, I counted at least 12. At dinner time in the evening they would make a lot of noise and run around waiting to be fed raw meat on the stairs.
We had a fantastic view down the lake as the sun set.
Part of our group played a concert in the church the second night, the place was packed. I was surprised that so many people traveled up that tiny mountain road. And the next day in the afternoon there was a dance rehearsal. In the evening we played a concert and I must say - playing outdoors in the evening is not my favorite. It can be really nice, or it can be freezing cold, with the wind taking your music away and you can't hear very well. However, the audience was keen which is always the best.
Here I am again with another chicken. Chickens and ceilidh bands....
On the last day we took the ferry back and again it was hours and hours of travel for me.
In one place just before we crossed into Switzerland at the end of the lake there was a town with an Elm that was 500 years old! I have no idea how it survived Dutch Elm Disease.











No comments:
Post a Comment