Monday, February 10, 2014

Skiing at Madrisa

What have I been up too! A lot of wedding planning actually, and trying to do some of it in German.... I wanted to ask at a farm if we could rent the field for a day in the fall and he thought I wanted to buy his horse... Ah well, with the German classes my speaking will only get better. I also tried to order (twice!) a suckling pig in German.

Anyway, this past weekend we had a guest over to visit and went skiing at Madrisa.



Madrisa is a little ski resort a 5 minute walk from our house and while it isn't very big, and it has only one small chair lift (the rest is t-bars), it is a nice resort with some really nice pistes and not very busy. The snow has been crap so far this season (north of the alps it has been warm, south of the alps they keep getting dumped on), and finally almost all of the ski runs are open. So this time we went to the very top of the mountain and tried the ungroomed piste for the first time.

We had fantastic weather and beautiful views and the run was fantastic (and not highly traveled because Madrisa isn't that popular since it is so small).



At the very top of this piste was exactly where Mic proposed to me! So this time we took some photos.



No comments: