On Saturday was my birthday and I celebrated with friends in Zurich at the zoo! First thing in the morning was a fancy cake made by my friend Kerstin (who also made our wedding cake). Yes, it is a Frozen cake with a Olaf. Very tasty.
After cake for breakfast we met up with Frank, Torsten, Michela and Jeanette at the zoo (actually surprisingly close to the city center, just a tram ride away).
The zoo was a decent size (and of course I saw every inch of it), they had a large elephant pen and penguins, gorillas and even some snow leopards. They also recreated a rainforest in a large building and you could go to the canopy platform and look around.
On the way up to the canopy was a bat trying to sleep!
After the zoo we went out for buffet dinner (tasty) and then called it a night so everyone could travel across Switzerland to their home. The next day Kerstin, Mic and I traveled to a local mountain (also reachable by tram), Zurich is a very small city actually. The mountain was full of people jogging and hiking and walking along the ridge trail. We went to the top of the ridge (by train) and climbed up a tower for a view of the surrounding landscape. I could even see mount Pilatus - the big mountain near Luzern which I had traveled up years ago with Andrea.
We went out for a movie in the evening after a BBQ by the river and I'd like to say the rest of the trip was wonderful but I caught something nasty and instead of the extra holiday I had planned I was confined to bed.

1 comment:
I think I caught the same thing, was feeling awesome on Monday. Anyway that was a great day at the zoo!
Post a Comment