Monday, February 29, 2016

Visit to Zurich

Baby L and I made the trip to Zurich on a rainy Monday. Man was the weather total crap! I hadn't brought the cover for the bassinet so we had to buy a super cheap rain poncho and I needed to buy an umbrella for myself, I was totally unprepared. I met up with Kerstin and since the weather was such crap we spent a lot of time sitting in restaurants for lunch and tea time and not so much time walking around. Baby L was on good behaviour, not as sleepy as her past day trip to Zurich but she was happy to sit on our laps in the restaurants and watch what was going on.

One place we visited was a super cool tea house by the opera house in Zurich. It had a tiny entrance and looked like it was just a counter but as you wen through a side door you realized it was an entire house inside with all kinds of decorated rooms for sitting and having a warm afternoon tea. For a Monday afternoon the place was totally packed, but the waitress was helpful finding us a good place to sit, it is good to come bearing a super cute little baby that everybody loves! I had a chocolate cake to die for and the tea was wonderful as well. It is the kind of place that you only really find in big cities and made me miss Vancouver and all the quirky places I had discovered there over the years.


After dinner baby L went to sleep in her bassinet and Mic and I did our first 'leave the baby behind with some else' (I think) as we went out to watch The Force Awakens. Yes, the movie was still playing in english,, lucky us!

No comments: