First up was a visit to see the capitol buildings and the eternal flame.
We watched the sun set over the Rideau canal, and Lily gave an excellent look at the camera.
The next day we went to the Natural History museum which had a cool dinosaur display. I never really thought about it before but Pangaea wasn't that early in the history of the earth, only ~300 million years ago compared to the Earth's 4500 million years. At the museum they had an exhibit of dinosaurs after the breakup of Pangaea where the dinosaur's on the Southern continent (the topic of the exhibit) diverged from those on the Northern.
Here is Lily with the Tyrannosaur skull for comparison.
Among all the other cool dinosaurs there was this little crocodile that was an herbivore.
And Lily and I with a triceratops (I think).
Then we visited the Air and Space Museum because they also had a Star Trek exhibition. We looked at all the old planes (which took longer than expected) and tried out the motion capture video game dogfight.
They also had a space section, with the Canadarm and this space suit (Lily enjoyed her nap).
After hours in the museum we headed to the Star Trek exhibit. They had some cute hands on activities and lots of quizes and tests to take. According to the quizzes I am all set up for command, followed by Science and I sucked at Klingon...
I had my photo taken with some of the outfits from the show. The detail and quality on them was much higher than I expected from watching the show. On the show Picard's outfit looked like something cheap and flimsy but in real life it appeared to be a lot heavier.
At the end they also had the bridge of the Enterprise and I got my picture taken in the captains chair.
Lily - don't you know there are no children on the bridge!
No comments:
Post a Comment