Monday, March 20, 2006

Seymour Mountain

I'm happy, this is the first big ski adventure since I've hurt my knee. We went up to First Pump on Seymour Mountain (why it's called that I have no idea). It was one of the first hikes in Vancouver I have ever done and it kicked my ass as much as it did the first time. I'm out of shape. But my knee didn't hurt for the entire trip. I had my telemark skis on, as well as my fantastic sunglasses. Here are almost all of us at the beginning of the trip showing off our equipment. I was the only one on skis.



We went up the side of the ski run and then eventually into more deserted terain. Well, apart from every other day hiker out for a Saturday time in the snow. Here's the girls again standing around right after lunch. It has clouded over somewhat so I am minus the incredibly cool sunglasses.



It was great to finally be 'backcountry' again after two seasons. I want to try a bit more before the season is finished but don't want to make the same mistake and push too hard and injure my knee even further.



So here's the picture looking at the mountains visible from first pump. Very pretty, it looks almost silver coloured. Wow, I can't wait till I can go back there more. Skiing through the fresh powder was also pretty fantastic.

No comments: