Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A hike, a hike!

Well, on the weekend I decided to try a hike, my first one that I've intentionally set out upon after hurting my knee almost 2 years ago. As you have probably noticed, I'm not happy about the knee thing. However, I have been doing tons of stuff even if I haven't been able to hike.

Anyway, as I was saying, we hiked up Cypress mountain (hike #49 in the blue shoe book). Almost everyone I know who even occasionally hikes owns a copy of this book or knows someone who does. Anyway, as you can tell from the picture the views were fantastic.



I've forgotten how much work it is to go downhill. I was taking all the work in my thighs to save the knee and they felt it. It was about 650 m elevation gain which is not insignificant and over 10 km so it was a decent enough day hike. So I'm looking forward to my next hike, maybe in a few weeks. It was great to be out of the city and into the quiet.

No comments: