Tuesday, August 15, 2006

San Diego

I went to San Diego for a trip. The city was nice enough, I have plenty of sunburn. I heard gunshots outside the window at the hotel one night and I learned a drive-by shooting had killed a 16 year old and injured a 15 year old and I wasn't even in a rough part of town. Good thing guns make you safe.

In San Diego the streets were wide, there wasn't much traffic and the bus system was ok. They had a day trip bus pass that was actually worth it, unlike Vancouver where you have to ride more than 7 times for it to be economical. The food was really overpriced.

I really liked the San Diego zoo, it was fantastic and I wish I could have spent more time looking around. I also went to Sea World (at least twice the price of the zoo) and it was definitly an amusement park. The shows were amazing, the animals really neat but it was kinda like tv, show up and we will amuse you. Oh yeah, and buy the tacky giftshop whale sculptures. Anyway, they had a pool of bat rays, here's a guy that got really excited and was swimming up at the wall so you can see his mouth.



Finally, I flew home just after the recent terrorist plot so no liquids were allowed. It was the fastest I've ever been through security, I thought the lineups would be huge but instead I just sat around reading my book and tried to get on earlier flights (unlike the UK, we were allowed reading material). Leaving the plane was also incredibly quick, no people struggling with massive carry-ons. Since I was flying out of California they had the army stationed at the airports and army guys were doing some final carry-on checks. Good thing soldiers make you safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always feel kind of ripped off if I visit the US and I don't hear gunshots.

:P

Chris