Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow Day!

Well, 20cm of snow has fallen in Vancouver. Everyone in Ontario makes fun of how Vancouver shuts down every time there is a snowfall which is true but there are a whole bunch of reasons. First off, Vancouverites just can't drive well in snow. But then again, same with Ontario, there's always the first accidents of the season as everyone learns that they can no longer stop in such a short distance. But the big reason the city shuts down is because there is no infastructure to deal with the snow. There are very very few sanders/salters and plows, the roads just aren't cleared. There are also lots of steep hills in the city which I don't ever remember seeing in Ontario because they are suicide when they are slippery.

So anyway, power is out at school and I have a snow day. Words cannot describe my joy. I have some pictures instead taken from the house front and back porch.





For Vancouver, that's a lot of snow. I went skiing on Grouse on Sunday and it was fantastic!!! Probably the best skiing of the season.

So what am I doing with my snow day? No bus travel thats for sure. I remember last year when it snowed the 99's (or was it the trolley busses) were sliding down the big hills backwards. So no thanks to that one. I am going to cook, and clean and watch Buffy and for some extra excitement I'm going to look at the specificity of a multitude of 3C proteases.

No comments: