
Four years ago before I hurt my knee I did two great trips to Mount Baker. The hiking was fantastic and the views were amazing. It was the most beautiful mountain I have camped on, especially the first weekend when I went with Roland. The second weekend kinda sucked but the walk up the railway trail (hike? Moraine?) was really neat. Then it rained and company was equally uninspired (except you Emily! and your wonderful memories of the toilets - the toilets were just boxes perched on ridges and we were above the trees so you got fantastic views).
This weekend I got to go back (but no hiking). Chris, Suzanne and I took the motorcycles down for a nice long day trip. The weather was supposed to be terrible but of course in Vancouver you can't be sure till the day of no matter what the weather reports say. We started out just after lunch and over the border in Abbotsford. The traffic was light and the roads were fantastic. It got really twisty as we wound our way up the mountain and eventually to the ski hill on Baker (I *knew* there was a ski hill). First we stopped at an elementary school which had this very important sign posted out front:
We continued on to the top and the road had plenty of motorcycles. No wonder, the road was fantastic for a nice twisty ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment