Thursday, March 27, 2008

eeePC and civilization

First a paraphrase from a Neil Gaiman book I'm reading (Good Omens, very funny): The world is 24 hours and 2 meals away from loss of civilization.

Second, have you heard about the eeePC? Yes, I'm a geek for mentioning it but you knew that already. Here is the unofficial site since the official one sucks. Anyway, they are upgrading to a larger screen and some other upgrades for the second quarter so I was waiting for that before deciding to purchase.

I like the fact that it runs linux out of the box (but you can stick on WindowsXP, until they stop selling it that is...)

Speaking of more geeky free software, there was just an upgrade of Open Office.

I was thinking about putting up a last link that was slightly more hip and cool but I got nothing. So I'll just end with Disapproving Rabbits.

No comments: