So I haven't been posting all that much... here's a recap:
Manning Park, over the Easter long weekend I camped in Manning Park with friends. We were in the snow in a tent and as usual I was freakin cold. The Manning Park downhill ski area was small but we had a fantastic day skiing. Either I need to tent with someone warm and cuddly or figure out how to be exothermic.
Red Heather, just another fun day ski. I really suck at skiing in fresh powder and spent most of the day on my feet but with very little style. The ski out was on this narrow little track with banked turns so it was kinda like a video game. Tons of fun.
Curling with the department. For the first time in my life I went curling, I've never even watched it on TV and I must say I feel like I've been missing out as a Canadian. It was tons of fun but I fell half of the times when I released the rock. My knee is black and blue. Needless to say, I won't be on the olympic team any time soon.
So I have to recommend curling to anyone. The rink was great, we played a laid back game and then went for cheap beer upstairs. Not that I drink beer, but I guess I was happy with cheap popcorn.
No comments:
Post a Comment