Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not hiking too much on the weekend

So this weekend it was a hiking attempt. We wanted to go up Golden Ears and hiked in to Alder flats (5.5km in). Man did we get there early. Noon. With nothing else to do. I can't remember the last time I had hours to fill and nothing to fill it with. We filled it with faff. Roland and I hike up the trail to the helicopter landing and I saw a pika. That was really amazing, they are really cute. In fact, all I could think about when I saw it was that it looked like a teddy bear walking on four legs.

After a few hours of walking, it was nap time. And then a diner which we stretched out for a few hours and then finally bed at 9pm.

The next day we started the hike up, a long haul. We got about an hour into it when the rain started. So we faffed under the trees. Then decided to head home rather than put in all the effort to sumit in clouds and rain.

Back at the campsite was more rain and another nap. Hike out. Wendy's. Clean up. That was the weekend. A good warmup for the long weekend because I'm hoping to do the same Neve traverse I did in the winter but well, in the summer. We will circumnavigate the lake rather than the directd route. Unless its raining and then it might be more faffing.

No comments: