Monday's weather was pretty fantastic and I headed out to Geneve to hike with Frank. We climbed to the top of the 2nd highest peak in the Jura range. It is two meters shorter than the peak next to it but that one is ugly and covered in trees to the top. We took the bus to the village of Thoire in France and man was this place was picturesque. The total elevation gain was 1200m, I haven't done too many hikes over 1000m in a day and this felt unexpectedly easy. Of course, it was the first hike of the season and the first hour I was wondering why the hell I was hiking at all.
We headed up through the village and into the forest. It started out as an oak forest, then pine and then my favorite into the alpine.
I love walking through the snow, it's easy going and so pretty.
Poor Frank didn't have any sunblock...
At the top was a giant cross (this is Switzerland after all). The photo is taken from the side hence the reason it doesn't look very cross like.
Looking back we could see lake Geneve and even still make out the jet d'leau.
No comments:
Post a Comment