Horray! Max from Ontario visited me. I served a dinner of cheese and meat that I had brought back from Italy as an introduction.
We traveled to Bern and climbed the church tower.
We also went to check out the Bern bears in their sad little pit. There were two cubs who were really cute.
There were tons of people in Bern that day because of some race.
The next day we went to the medieval town of Guyere. I moved to Switzerland for the skiing and Guyere cheese!
We went on a tour of the cheese factory which was lead by some really cheesy sounding cow named Cherry. It was neat to see the factory floor though.
And the cellar where the cheeses are aged.
This town is really picturesque, really really pretty.
Here is Max telling me "give me Heidi, give me Heidi" during the picture taking.
After the cheese tour we went into the town. It was a beautiful day and the place was packed with people.
We went on a tour of the castle of Guyere. Rather modern inside (as in 1900's and earlier), but still pretty interesting.
The garden was especially pretty.
And then we caught the train back to Lausanne via Montreux. I'm going to have to go back to the region for some hiking, it looks really good!



No comments:
Post a Comment