Here in Switzerland, in Lausanne we have two major grocery store chains, Migros and Coop. Recently the competition appears to be won by Migros which launched the Nano's campaign as a way to increase sales. Basically, it's to get kids to nag their parents to shop there. They have these cheap plastic ... pill like things that you must collect. For every 20 CHF you spend in the grocery store you get a package with two of them. they have a small weight inside them so they kinda roll funny. Here's a picture of the two that I received.
I don't have TV but a google search revealed this advertisement.
And apparently you can race them, I've seen the track for sale in the stores.
Anyway, from what I've heard kids are driving their parents crazy asking to go to Migros for their groceries and it seems to be working. On Wednesdays they release a special edition Nano and I certainly saw evidence of it. I went to pick up some groceries and the Migros was full of kids at the check out line with their parents asking for the special edition (they were out). Whoever started this thing was brilliant. I heard it came originally from Australia.
No comments:
Post a Comment