On Wednesday I had my birthday which I celebrated with friends from work. It was a great day, phage display and lots of eating. In the evening Alar (who's birthday is the next day) and I made pizza's and Alar made an awesome carrot filled bread thing which we served.
Afterwards we walked to the sports arena in Davos (surprisingly well equiped with a bigger climbing gym than I ever saw in Vancouver). We were a slightly bigger group than expected... oops. However, there were enough armbands for all. Good thing too, even with the arm band my bad technique meant I had a bruise the next day.
While my friend Chris said it was very Hunger Games of me, I haven't seen the movie or read the book yet. I did archery when I was a kid and really enjoyed it and when I found there was a range really close by I jumped on the chance.
We split into two groups and shared the bows. It was just as well, because my fingers really hurt by the end of the evening and we were only there for two hours. Aftwards many people walked home, and just like in 2009, it snowed. However, it was more impressive when it was snowing in Vancouver. In Davos it is rather a given that it will be snowing!
1 comment:
And for the record: Ah Hua (http://www.ah-hua.ch/) is a great place to eat in Zurich, just be sure to make a reservation.
Post a Comment