Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In the Movies

Our lab made it to the movies. Well, the outside of the lab made it to the movies. This is in reference to Hollowman II which I talked about previously. We found out that Laura was the scientist making the oh so top secret 'buffer' (hence the "they really are called buffers" comment). I watched this with my lab mates and we couldn't really figure out why a buffer? Being invisible gives you a pH imbalance? Oh well, its the movies (and a straight to DVD movie at that), you don't question the science.

The scene where the Hollow Man is running down our hallway is in the movie. You can see all our lab posters hanging up in the hallway, my protease poster makes a brief appearance and so does the cow. We stuck the cow on a recycling bin during shooting and sure enough, here it is.



On a pH scale of 0 to 14, this movie sinks at a 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A protease?

I know there are a lot of amateurs around; I didn't realize there were people who did it professionally.

--Chris H.

Carly said...

Uhhh, that's what my first date said....

(for those not in the know, we like to see how many places we can use this line. Kinda like adding 'in bed' to the end of a fortune cookie).