Another Canada Day has come and gone. The one in 2002 was really good, that was when downtown still had some neat concerts and demo's etc. When I went the next year it kinda sucked and with the risk of fights they've even stopped the fireworks. However, there is still Cannabis Day downtown. I've also been to Granville island for Canada Day which is oh so kid friendly. The concrete company had an open house the year I went and I got to sit in the truck and blow the horn. Doesn't get more exciting than that.
This year after my riding lesson we cycled out to Steveston and had lunch at the salmon bake. The increased cycling and swing dancing has taken its toll and I can feel the knee twinging a bit *sigh*. I have a funny burn on the back of one calf. There were tons of people in Steveston and the food was great. We saw a high school rock/punk band (the stage safely away from the main festivities) screaming 'psycho baby' and the fantastic belt sander racing. Then, just as we were cycling out of town my rear wheel went completely flat. Well, I was thinking cycling back would have been bad for the knee anyway so I caught the bus. The bus fairy was with me yesterday, I caught every single connection without waiting more than 2 minutes.
Finally, the day ended with a BBQ at the college. It was great to see all the visitors and I borrowed Tyson's motorcycle rules of the road book. I've started the first steps of getting my motorcycle license.
4 comments:
Carly,
What did you do with the bike, you
are going to buy a new one now.
Fokke
Hey there,
Well, I'm going to have to repair it. It's just the tube and probably the tire as well. I also need to change brake pads and get the rear wheel tuned as well. Four years of no repairs are catching up.
Buying a new bike following a puncture seems a little wasteful to me. I'm glad you went with the repair option Carly.
I cleaned the greasycrap of my chain and gears the other day using a handy-dandy chain brush and some kerosene. I got grease all over me but it did the trick. Now I just need to remember to stop off at a garage somewhere and put some air in my tires.
They started charging for air at the gas station nearest our house. 50 cents, give me a break.
Post a Comment