Thursday, July 13, 2006
Salsa-ing in Vancouver
So Nenagh is back in town and to celebrate we went out to Atlantis for a night of Salsa dancing or as I can't help calling it, Slasa. Just one of those weird name games you sometimes play (or maybe just me and my friends, whatever). Holy hoochie-mama's. I'd forgotten the sex of the salsa scene having only attended it once in my first year here (where my lack of skimpy clothes was criticized but that's a whole other story). I very rarely go out for a night of clubbing with friends because I find it kind of boring and I can never seem to stay awake past 11. But a night out of trying to follow a dance - awesome. I was a beginner on the dance floor (and lacking yet again in the skimpy costume but I digress) but at least I was able to follow somewhat after my lindy-hop experiences (see wikipedia for lead and follow, Salsa, Lindy Hop and Melyssa Ford??? for an example of Hoochie mama). It was a fun night out and thanks to all my leads who had the patience to dance with me. I think I'll stick to Lindy though, I like the music much better and I'm not a dancing in stilettos kind of girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment