Friday, January 11, 2008

Km's genocide

For our microbiology departmental Christmas party our lab made a video that included this song. I am posting it here because I don't want to lose the information.

The song is based on "Carrot Juice is Murder" sung by the Arrogant Worms. I changed the lyrics to microbiology related topics but all the wit is theirs.


Chord strike: D
Verse 1
G Em C G
Listen up brothers and sisters, come hear my desperate tale

G Em C D G
I speak of our friends of nature, trapped in the lab like a jail.

G Em C G
Bacteria live I oppression, worked in the lab day and night.

G Em C D G
The killing of these germs is madness, I say we take up the fight.

D G D G
Test tubes are only for murderers, cold room’s a fascist regime.

D G C D
Don’t think that they don’t have feelings, just cuz a virus can’t scream.


Chorus
G D Em
I’ve heard the screams of bacteria (scream scream scream)

C D
Watching their cell walls be peeled (having their insides revealed)

G D Em
Beated and boiled with no mercy (releasing their DNA)

C D G
How do you think that feels (bet it hurts really bad)


G D Em
Kinetics constitutes murder (and that’s a real crime)

C D
Flasks are prisons for slaves (let the viruses out)

G D Em
It’s time to stop all this research (it’s dirty as hell)

C D G
Let’s call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade…)

Verse 2

G Em C G
I saw her French Pressing campy, so I beat her black and blue.

G Em C D G
If she ever touches that press again, I’ll press her clean in two.

G Em C G
I’m a political prisoner, trapped in a windowless cage.

G Em C D G
Cuz, I stopped the slaughter of coli, by killing five grads in a rage.

D G D G
I told the judge when he sentenced me, this is my finest hour.

D G C D
I’d kill those grads again just to save, one – more rho-do-bac-tor.


Chorus
G D Em
I’ve heard the screams of bacteria (scream scream scream)

C D
Watching their cell walls be peeled (having their enzymes revealed)

G D Em
Beated and boiled with no mercy (post docs are murders)

C D G
How do you think that feels (bet it hurts really bad)


G D Em
Kinetics constitutes murder (no more Michaelis)

C D
Flasks are prisons for slaves (SDS is a sin)

G D Em
It’s time to stop all this research (it’s dirty as hell)

C D G
Let’s call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade…)

Bridge

D G
How low as people do we dare stoop

C G
Feeding young viruses nothing but goop.

D Em
Dump out your germs, uncage your ligases,

C D
let bacteria free, don’t test polymerases.


Chorus
G D Em
I’ve heard the screams of bacteria (scream scream scream)

C D
Watching their cell walls be peeled (fates in the test tubes are sealed)

G D Em
Beated and boiled with no mercy (you scientist slob)

C D G
How do you think that feels (set them free from the lab)


G D Em
Kinetics constitutes murder (Km’s genocide)

C D
Flasks are prisons for slaves (yes the flask is a grave)

G D Em
It’s time to stop all this research (take up macrame)

C D G
Let’s call a spade a spade (is a spade is a spade…)


C D G
Let’s call a spade a spade

No comments: