For those who are interested:
It is 3:20pm, there is a homicidal/suicidal guy in Biological Sciences building and the entire place is in lockdown. I'm in Life Sciences building which is far away from that building and we have a (somewhat) more secure building. Currently we have been told to stay in the building which is just a precaution. I expect the incident will finish soon enough, then I'm having dinner tonight at SJC.
2 comments:
Yikes Carly, what's going on?! I'm glued to the news for updates. Stay safe!
Its all finished, I don't know how it ended but the helicopter has gone away and people have been told they can leave their buildings.
I'm under the impression the campus is filled with the attitude of 'yeah whatever' throughout the entire thing, even those close to the incident.
UBC and the RCMP have released very little information about it, I got the gun thing from someone at the building who wasn't allowed back in.
Given that they instructed people to remain in lockdown as opposed to 'run for your lives' it supports the story it was a guy with a gun as opposed to a bomb threat.
Post a Comment