I've been hard at work in the lab and I'm getting really tired and starting to make mistakes. This morning I made the mistake of wearing running shoes to my riding lesson which meant I couldn't ride. Well, almost, it meant I couldn't ride with stirrups.
This morning it was just starting to clear up and it was crisp, the perfect weather to guarantee a forward moving horse (perhaps a little too excited and forward moving). At the barn, all the horses were out in their paddocks when a big Sun Run training group ran by on the road. It was quite amazing, all the horses lined up in their paddocks, entirely focused on the people running on the road, necks strained, ears pricked. Then, a horse would have an energy overload and go running and bucking around the paddock before once again devoting his entire attention to the joggers. It was a real intra-species energy transfer.
I rode Libero this morning without the stirrups just to warm him up and work off a bit of the edge before a more junior rider had him for the next lesson. Good thing it wasn't too ye-haw because I had no place to put my feet. It is fortunate that riding Libero is a bit like riding a couch/mack truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment