Sunday, October 04, 2009

Buying telemark boots

Ooof, now there's an expensive purchase. I'm reading reviews, researching before I go and try the boots on. However, I'm amused by these horrible names for women's boots!! Men's boots get Push, or Factor, or Seeker. Some examples of women's boots are:
  • Venus Telemark Boots - hmmm, if it's for a woman, pick Venus, it's easy!
  • Scarpa Diva AT Boots - Ok, AT boots, but Diva? Who wants to be Diva during a multiday ski tour?
  • Black Diamond Stiletto Telemark Boot - I'm trying to think of a better opposite of telemark boot but stiletto is winning that race by a landslide. Are these boots as impractical and uncomfortable as stilettos?

Well, here's hoping I can buy a pair of boots that aren't going to chew my feet like the previous men's Garmont's did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course your telemark boots should have stiletto heels! and go up to the knees.

Anonymous said...

I think whether stilettos are impractical probably depends on what the purpose at hand is.

--C.H.