Visitors in Davos, first we were in Zurich.
The window at the church in Chur was pretty neat, made of stones. After such nice weather in Zurich the rain and wind were cold in Chur.
We had a cold and wet lunch in Chur, hiding in an alley eating our cheese.
Davos isn't the only town with the naked man with a tree symbol, I found one in stone in Chur. I was told it was a very old symbol of the protector of the region.
Chur had some lovely old buildings and a fantastic old part of town. Apparently Chur is one of the oldest towns in Switzerland.
In Landquart I found the most ridiculous Swiss Army Knife. I guess you buy it when you to show off how much money and how little sense you have...
One classic thing in Switzerland is to hang your duvet out of the window on a Sunday (since you can't shop or mow your lawn or do laundry it's pretty much the only chore left - except going to church or the bar). Anyway, on the way to Chur I spotted a duvet hanging out for some air, despite the rain.
Then the rain ended, and down came the snow in Davos! After Vancouver and Lausanne it is time to buy some winter boots!
It took a few days but eventually the snow went away in Davos. Apparently while it is not unusual to have snow in September, it was unusual to have this much snow. There were trees falling down all over town.
The snow had cleared away enough that we went for a carriage ride.
The horses were clearly not friends, but the ride was lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment