I wandered around town, checked out the awesome gothic cathedral and also Einstein's apartment (only the outside) where he lived with his wife while working as a patent clerk. His house was in a pretty sweet location, right downtown along one of the arcades. Bern is the place to go when it is raining as all the sidewalks downtown are covered.
Here are some photos from the train as I headed back to Lausanne.
Time to buy some skis!
No shops are open in Switzerland on Sunday (unless they apply for a permit) which kinda sucks. I'll be working all week, the shops aren't open late during the week, so it will be a challenge to go grocery shopping. It looks like I'll have to carefully plan my meals for the week and do grocery shopping on a single day.
2 comments:
Hi Carly;
It looks like that you are off to a good start. I like ur idea of travelling every corner of the country, I'll look forward to seeing ur pics.
Imagine if Emily or I were to face the grocery challenge, at least you need less food to get by!!!
Kia
Well, at least with the train pass I can travel to France, Germany or Italy to do Sunday shopping.
Post a Comment