On Sunday was a second hiking trip, this time up to Lake Tanay. Next time I would take the postbus up as high as possible.
We ended up hiking through fields and down some country roads. However, when we got to the lake it was very pretty. The mountain with the notch in the picture can just be seen across the lake from Lausanne.
We didn't make it up for the panorama view but instead spent a beautiful sunny day sitting around the lake.
It was so nice and hot, some of us even went for a swim. I just dipped my toes in the water and that was chilly enough.
For dinner I ate at the restaurant (yes, a restaurant at the top, and also the occasional car because there were a few houses at the lake). It was typical Swiss fare - bread and cheese. This time the cheese was melted on top of the bread.
After that we walked around the lake and headed home, this time catching the postbus all the way down.
2 comments:
So at the restaurant, naturally, you had the quarter chicken dinner with fries. (In my mind you ate at "Swiss Chalet")
-BryBry
Oh man now you've made me miss that food!!! I'm coming to Canada in a few weeks and Swiss Chalet is definitely on the menu!
Post a Comment