Thursday, July 09, 2009

Placeholder for Rome

This will eventually be replaced with a real post which I haven't written yet.

Rome was huge, there is so much here. In other towns I felt I had the lay of the land, seen the star monuments and could come back if I missed something. Rome I worked hard and didn't see everything I really wanted to see. However, high points were the Vatican, the coliseum, the Roman Forum and I managed to see a lot of little sites too (i.e. Trevi fountain, Spanish steps and even the mouth of truth from the Audrey Hepburn movie Roman Holiday).

There is a breed of Italian men here who spend the nights on the prowl looking for tourist women who want their "Roman Adventure". A lot like Tijuana actually. I didn't get hit on too much, I hate being hit on but other girls in the group encouraged it. They felt pretty. I just felt the man was on the prowl and would take anything and everything and did it every night. Nothing too special there.

So there are pictures and stories to come. I saw a lot of neat things, got familiar with public transit and right now I'm exhausted. Oh yes, and for more fun the city is full of military and cops because of the G-8 meeting. They are expecting riots... and I still have more to go....

2 comments:

Erik? said...

When I was in Rome back in 1982, I witnessed an assassination attempt (but I think it was more of a prank) against the Pope. Did you see anything like that?

Carly said...

Nope, but someone on our trip saw Michelle Obama. there was a lot of police - TONS of police because of the G8. it was crazy.