Zurich had a fantastic natural history museum (National Museum?). Anyway, they had artifacts from the stone age to current times but I was really interested in the stone to iron ages. Fortunate for me they had an excellent English guide for all the items in the collection that I was interested in. Well, first I went through the exhibit reading the French (I see that some of my elementary school French has stuck with me because I certainly got more from the French than the German info panels). Then I went through the exhibit a second time after lunch to take photos. The third time I went through was when I had the book.

They had the oldest stone tools found in Switzerland as well as fire starter kits, wooden doors and the world's oldest wheel (from 3500-2700 BCE).

Anyway, the descriptions of how tools were made and used was fascinating and I was glad to find a museum with such old items. Sadly the rest of the museum didn't have the wonderful English book guide so I didn't get as much from it.
After Zurich I took the train to ... some small town outside Lucern to meet up with Andrea and her coworkers on the beach. We had a BBQ and a relaxing time. I was so hot in Zurich and tired after the walking it was just nice to sit and try and cool down. Sadly after Zurich the weather got colder and wetter.
No comments:
Post a Comment