Ok, I really should be packing for Geneve but Wuthering Heights is sitting right in front of me. I'm going through the classics I always meant to read on this trip, mainly because those are the easiest to find in English. Anyway, man was Wuthering Heights a disapointment, I was hoping for something like Jane Austen but there didn't seem to be as much wit. If anything, it reminded me a bit of Twilight - now I see why the author made it Bella's favorite book.
First off, all the people in the book are assholes with few exceptions. Second, it's this passionate love between Heathcliff and Cathy, but same as in Twilight we are just told they love each other passionately. Blah blah blah. He's such an asshole and she's stupid and self absorbed. And then when they aren't together they just decide to ignore the world and slowly die. They are isolated in the Moor and they are just as isolated from humanity. Maybe this sucker gets better with more readings but I'm not counting on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment